• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to set AGP speed to 67 for working lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bloodsent

Registered
I know I heard problems with the MSI NF3 250Gb about having to set the AGP speed to 67 instead of 66 to get a properly working AGP lock. Can anyone confirm if this is required on the DFI 250Gb?

:-/ Just set it to 67 and forget it. Many types of things governed at 66 supposed mhz work way better at 67 because the 66 is 66.66666666666666 to infinity and rock solid call for 67 is better. Been doing it for years with stuff ending in 0.66666666666666666666.

Sincerely, RGone...

from everything that I read, although nothing has confirmed this yet, still looking, it seems that you do for it to lock.

Can someone with an account over at DFI-Street ask? I am still awaiting a confirmation email from last week that has never come. I am going to have to reregister, or get an email address for a mod over there to resend the confirmation.

dicecca112 said:
RGone is a memember from DFI-Street and works for DFI, dude you got it from the horse's mouth

Wow, am I embarrased now...ignore me.

Thanks for the help!

hey if I wasn't a member of dfi-street I would have thouht Rgone was just some new member. You should be honored, Rgone is the man of DFI

:) Naw man you guys are too kind. I am the low man on the totem pole as it were. Just a user turned somewhat helper if and when at all possible.

The Nvidia chipset seems to exhibit the characteristics of needing to be set to 67 buss to lock it down on many motherboards. Pci is already locked supposedly and you guys would croak if you knew that I used to run my AGP at 80 on the NF2 sisters and most likely will as well on the NF3 if it will take it. Hehehehehehe. Don't have the coins yet for one of the newer big dog cards that does not like the elevated AGP and mine all seem to thrive on over 72.

I am browsing around checking to see how jess1313 is doing with his NF3UT and just saw the post and figured to alleviate the strain on gray matter. It is tough to wonder and tougher still to get a real answer because they build the board and do so relatively close to what Nvidia calls for and then after all that they try to test and test but something is always amiss. No one in any of 5 forums I am checking is having any aGp problems that I can see so lock it to 67 and have sum fun. Good luck.

Sincerely, RGone...

Well from personal experience with this board, I say you can set it to 66 and have it work. When I was on my ASUS board with no locks, my 9700pro would crap out at around 218 FSB. Now on this board I'm running 238x10, 66 MHz AGP, and I can run 3dmark all day without instability.

Thats one thing about this board, you can clock it all from the bios. It will boot for me even in the 400 HTT range. I have run up to 345 HTT stable with the agp at 66. After that I loose my sata. May try IDE later just to see how far this thing will go.

Shure would be sweat to have some DDR 6400 about now.

Jess1313

I have been looking at some PC4500 or anything that is claimed to run high as I can see the boards may or might run faster at looser timings than even any memory made today can run. Of course each board is again different is my guess. Trying to get my used SATA drives all zeroed to install as I want to test out the ease of raid install for myself and want the drives to be 'like new'.

Jess1313, have you found an exact setting for the 1T command? I know it used to be CPC on or off on the DFI sister NF2's but I have looked in the manual (good online one) and I don't see the 1T setting anywhere? You have been running fast for days now and I figured you may have seen it.

TIA.
Sincerely, RGone...

RGone said:
I have been looking at some PC4500 or anything that is claimed to run high as I can see the boards may or might run faster at looser timings than even any memory made today can run. Of course each board is again different is my guess. Trying to get my used SATA drives all zeroed to install as I want to test out the ease of raid install for myself and want the drives to be 'like new'.

Jess1313, have you found an exact setting for the 1T command? I know it used to be CPC on or off on the DFI sister NF2's but I have looked in the manual (good online one) and I don't see the 1T setting anywhere? You have been running fast for days now and I figured you may have seen it.

TIA.
Sincerely, RGone...

yes it has the good ol' cpc, enable/disable, as the NFII sista did, it may not be in the original bios, but is in both the 9/12, and the 9/14 beta's... :thup:

-Jess-

:thup: I knew you had found it and glad to hear it. I generally pick out those that I know dang well are looking and searching and "finding" and now I know the 'rest of the story'. Thanks man.

Sincerely, RGone...

Back