• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question About WC Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionnt

I Plan on Watercooling my new system. But i have a question about some components. I only plan to watercool the GPU (ATI Radeon X800 Pro) & the CPU (AMD Athlon 64 3800+ S939).

The pump i plan to use is the DangerDen 12v Pump with one of the Drivebay Reservoirs & 1/2" Tubing.

My question is about the blocks and the radiator, At the current time i plan to use a DangderDen TDX CPU Block, DangerDen MAZE4 GPU Block, and This Radiator.

Would i be better off using waterblocks from PolarFlo? I was looking at the PolarFlo TT CPU Waterblock & the PolarFlo TT Universal GPU Block. Would those blocks be better to cool that system than the DangerDen blocks?

Also, is that radiator any good or should i go with a BlackIce Pro II Dual Radiator?

Here is a review I was recently at [Hard]OCP follow this link

Its pretty obvious what your choice should be, I dont know the $$ difference though.
As far as HC, just use the regular Autozone Chevette HC and make the shroud yourself unless if you dont wanna mess with it......

temp.jpg

i seriously don't trust those tests..
Just wondering whats wrong with that review...you got any other better review?????,,, because I was thinking about this block too.....
Now a head to head between the Swifty 6000A and the PolarFlo will be of my great interest...

mata2974 said:
Just wondering whats wrong with that review...you got any other better review?????,,, because I was thinking about this block too.....
Now a head to head between the Swifty 6000A and the PolarFlo will be of my great interest...

there are two types of tests on the net.
the kind that uses a computer setup (which is fine by me) and a mobo temp probe (very very bad, and very very inaccurate)
besides that, with the issues of mounting, you're looking at a huge error in numbers.
The tests at procooling and overclockers are done with a cpu die simulator and an accurate tempprobe.
http://www.overclockers.com/tips263/index02.asp

Keep in mind the cpu tempprobes are not designed to give out an accurate reading, they are simply put in to save your computer, so a 5-10c error in reading isn't much of a concern for the manufac.

Thanks for your insight, Korn, but unfortunately this does not really answer the real question. HOW DOES THIS BLOCK perform compared to the TDX? maybe another review might shed light. I have heard that its a good performer though.....I am sure somebody has it....

Back