• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Savior on DFI Infinity HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xiode

I just got my RM1-PC4 or whatever today for my DFI Infinity. Much to my dismay, I cannot get it to work no matter how I orient it (right side up, upside down, BIOS chip right, BIOS chip left)....

I was wondering if anyone here had a DFI board and a BIOS Savior, so you could tell me how it's suppose to be aligned.

Please tell me in this format:

BIOS Savior direction: either right side up or upside down (based upon logo in the middle)
BIOS chip direction: either right or left, based upon the writing on top of the BIOS chip.

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to being able to flash as many BIOS as I want. :D

I am at loss...

:-/ ...not sure I have any idea why you are having such a time putting that thing in the mobo? Indexing by anything other than the \ notched off edge of the bios chip to socket arrangement is foolhardy to say the least. Sometimes the writing and dot is wrong. The dot just means checked anyway. The \ notched off section is the orienting marker.

Pics and article on install with more than one version but has the 'square' one as well!

You have to get it flat, square and oriented correctly for sure. Flashing will be a trick as well.

Sincerely, RGone...

Well, I'm sure I could do the flashing once I got to it.

It's not so much of getting it aligned properly... (I had it aligned properly on the first try), it just doesn't want to boot period. The thing is, I've tried every possible combination like I've said and none of it works, but all I have to do is just pop in my BIOS chip my itself and it runs great again.

I'm emailing FrozenCPU and IOSS both to see if either will replace it.

Back