• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What cards fit in a shuttle??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmBo

Registered
Does anyone know what cards fit into a shuttle PC? I read the 9800XT is the biggest it can hold, but read a thread somewhere around here that someone put a 6800GT into one.

Any ideas??

Its gotta be a single slot cooled gfx card. The 9800XT is single slot and so is the 6800GT. Both should fit without an issue. However the 6800GT may be too long for a SFF box. Sadly I have no way of saying that it does or it doesnt.

If it can fit a 5900 then it will most certianly fit a 6800GT

I know an X800pro can fit from personal experience, my friend has one. Its just a matter of single slot cooling and the card's length.

I have a SN95 XPC and I a, running a 6800gt in it with a little room to spare.

Previously it was in a sb61 too.

Croaker

I've had the 6800 GT and my current card is a soft modded XT PE and they both fit just fine.

shuttle3.jpg

just curious about those shuttle. Usually they come with an AGP slot, with a PCI slot beside it. If I put an X800 XT card in it, is there still space to put a card in the PCI slot???

I just want to know if the x800 and the 6800 has those huge heat sink at the back of the card, like the 5900

i think the 6800u would block the next pci slot. not sure about the gt, they may have a single slot solution, but the x800 for sure wouldn't.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
i think the 6800u would block the next pci slot. not sure about the gt, they may have a single slot solution, but the x800 for sure wouldn't.

The X800 is an awesome card, but I am crossing my fingers that I won't be limited to ATI products alone.... that will really suck. I'm not a manufacturer fanboy, I just want to pick the best line of products. It really really suck if I can't get Nvidia products, because they are currently kicking *** right now. I think Nvidia should fix their hugh heat sink problem, or they will lost quite some number of customers. More people are going to the barebone system route now.

ozziegn said:
I've had the 6800 GT and my current card is a soft modded XT PE and they both fit just fine.

shuttle3.jpg

What kind of power supply are you using for that? I didnt think there was a power supply big enough to power the card and everything else in the system.

Shuttle provides power supplies with the pc's. Mine came with a 240w, and I was worried it wouldnt be enough, but all my rails are within .03v, with an A64 2800+, raid and a 9700.

The new PCI-E (PEG) Shuttles will work with video cards with two slot cooling solutions. And they have 350W power supplies.

JCLW said:
The new PCI-E (PEG) Shuttles will work with video cards with two slot cooling solutions. And they have 350W power supplies.

lol... too late for that now, I guess......

I've got a XFX 6800GT in my Shuttle, have got about and inch and a half left at the front of the case and about 3-4mm next to the side panel :eek:

It works great o/c'ed to 500/1.1Ghz using the Shuttle's 200w power supply (and all the rails are well within tollerance, just just to show it's quality NOT quantity which counts).

will post a pic later

thingi

Thingi said:
It works great o/c'ed to 500/1.1Ghz using the Shuttle's 200w power supply (and all the rails are well within tollerance, just just to show it's quality NOT quantity which counts).

will post a pic later

thingi

500 on the core?? that's the highes oc i've seen on a 6800, let alone one in a shuttle with stock cooling and a 200w power supply. magic card?

can you post some benches?

Thingi said:
I've got a XFX 6800GT in my Shuttle, have got about and inch and a half left at the front of the case and about 3-4mm next to the side panel :eek:

will post a pic later

thingi

If you really dont have any issues with power in your computer, I will probably be building a shuttle real soon. I am tired of my TT Xaser III.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
500 on the core?? that's the highes oc i've seen on a 6800, let alone one in a shuttle with stock cooling and a 200w power supply. magic card?

can you post some benches?

DOH!!!! Sorry to ruin the illusion, that 500 was a typo.... in fact a double typo cos' I even did it on my sig too :-/ ..... It should have been 400!

thingi

p.s. I'm sure the card can go higher, just a bit worried about temps, this damn card is pumping more heat into my Shuttle than my processor! Am slowly cranking it up at the moment, will really crank it up once my XP-M 2600+ arrives.

Back