• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playing the same song over networked computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellrazrblade

I live in the dorms, and there is a built in network. My roommate and one of my suitemates and I want to be able to play the same song out of all of our speakers at the same time (we have 2 sets of klipsch 4.1's and some logitechs) when we party. Is there a simple way to do this over the network or will I have to resort to using audio cables to connect the line-in/line-outs on the 3 computers?
we tried one of those internet radio stations but the 3 computers have different lag times so it sounded horrible.

thanks for the help

I would suggest using an audio splitter, since the lag times will cause the music to play at somewhat different times. The plugin says it will sync the output, so give that a try aswell before getting a splitter.
On another note, normally when mixing different sets of speakers, it will sound quite different since they aren't matched, so I think you will lose some quality. Best thing would be just to connect the Klipschs since they are configured the same.

thanks for all of the replies guys. when my suitemates come back, i'll give the netsync plugin a try and it that doesn't work i'll move on down the line until i get something to work. thanks again.

Back