• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus A7N8X-X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roosterace1

:drool: hi. im new to this so if any one can point me in the right direction thanks..im running my comp at 166mhz.my cpu freqiuncy multiplyer is on auto and system performance optimal..i have an amd3000+...can you please give me any voltage changes or fan speeds i will or would have to change.at the moment my voltage is.cpu temperature 50c/122f--mb temp38c/96f--cpu fan running ave 2.481+voltage 13.56--+5volt4.865.--3.3 volt3.223--v core--1.696..i hope this is ok what ive put down thanks and regards Barry..Rooster

Barry, before you start overclocking your chip, you should definately get your temps down. Go for a thermalright slk900, that will do you perfectly. Use prime95 everytime you bump your fsb up, to be sure that your system is stable. If it fails, then try bumping your vcore up a notch, and proceed with these steps until you find a comfortable speed. MAKE SURE you always keep an eye on your temps tho, I wouldn't let them hit over 55 degrees. motherboard monitor is a good tool to monitor temps, fan speeds and rail voltages. If you need any help, just private message me dude.

Thanks for help ive put core voltage yp another 1% now running at 1.68..with a threshold off 11% temp running steady at 50c/122f..ive bumped the +12 up another notch and alarm not going off ,,seems to be running steady at this settings..my cpu fan is running steady at 4.486 ansd its on the lowest setting of 10/15..would running fan at a faster speed bring temp down on cpu..and mb..and what is full name of fan you suggested i change it to and where i can purchase from uk..thanks again Barry..Rooster..south wales .

Back