• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is modding addictive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeman74

just finished the inside of me case and fitted me watercooling, now wondering what to do with the outside or side window any ideas what i can do with this

Attachments

• n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 171
i will hoping to get up to 2.6 but not sure if my rams gonna hold me back
or if i should take 512 out cos i no i can get 1 gig running at 415mhz

Xenocide said:
toooo much tubing, you really need to cut down on that, should drop your temps too!
cant really cut down on it tho!! unless yo have any ideas on how to

geeman74 said:
cant really cut down on it tho!! unless yo have any ideas on how to
Use just enough tubing as needed with a little slack left over. You want to make it look neat and have it out of the way of the air flow. So cut the tubing more.

Knivez said:
Use just enough tubing as needed with a little slack left over. You want to make it look neat and have it out of the way of the air flow. So cut the tubing more.

theres only one i can really shorten but the only way i can do its by gettin a resevoir, or taking the tube out the back of the case higher up but not got the room to drill a hole
or move the pump inside the case but i dont wanna do that

just oced more got got 2.4 running stable @ 208 fsb, 11.5 multiplier
cpu fsb ratio 5/4 (333mhz), 1.9 v core, 2.7 ddr
getting load temps of 50 degs tho & idle of 42

looks awesome, i want to go towards water cooling one day, but i cant afford it really that well right now, i need to upgrade my computer more before i need the added insurance of water cooling, and in one year when i get out of school and get a good job, i already told myself i am going to build the best computer i can.

then whip out the dremel and mount ur rad internally... u could always put ur hd in a 5 > 3 drive converter and then mount ur rad at the front where ur intake fans are. should be more than enuf room there. then mount ur pump inside and attach it using an old mouse pad for vibration dampning. Not sure what pump u have but i can assume, at that amount of tubing ur pushing the pumps head a little. Ditch a ccfl or 2 cause those things are anything but cold, and in some cases they blow up. http://www.casemodgod.com/invertersuck04.jpg

Optimus Prime said:
then whip out the dremel and mount ur rad internally... u could always put ur hd in a 5 > 3 drive converter and then mount ur rad at the front where ur intake fans are. should be more than enuf room there. then mount ur pump inside and attach it using an old mouse pad for vibration dampning. Not sure what pump u have but i can assume, at that amount of tubing ur pushing the pumps head a little. Ditch a ccfl or 2 cause those things are anything but cold, and in some cases they blow up. http://www.casemodgod.com/invertersuck04.jpg

used to have the rad in my case were the floppy bays are but the temps were to hot thats why i moved it
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=328984

i went and checked out that thread... i was thinking more like move the rad in-front of the hard drive location, not behind it. then get another 120mm and put one fan pulling, one fan pushing and shroud that mofo up... the only reason i say this is because I was able to squeze an extra 200 out of my proc and got the same oc speeds on my 9800 pro off of some flosin air cooling. I would assume with the new rad placement and maybe mod the front of ur rig with some modders mesh for increased ventalation ull get more out of ur rig...

my $.02

Back