• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My water cooled rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tehnull

I just kinda sorta finished her so I figured I'd hurry up and come brag.

rawr1a.jpg

Pic of the full case. yes it's messy but airflow is still quite decent.

polished.JPG

Finish on my whitewater :clap:

02d.jpg

Fairly Blury close up of my vgpu mod on the 9800 pro

07b.jpg

Close up of the 9800 pro

screeneh.png

Overclock/3dmark

Tell me what you think. I built it on a very limited budget and also had a few size limitations. The pictures were taken at different stages in the build.

Looks nice, I am sure you are not going to leave that pump hanging up like that, if my eyes didnt trick me....good idea about cooling your GPU memory......Is that dual mode? NF-7 MB right?

Ditto on the pump.

You don't want the pump hanging on your wb tubing....

If youre dead set on that location, I would recommend some alternate sort of suspension.

I like it but you should think about moving those fans away from the radiator a little bit so you can get rid of any deadspots. Also a nice 120mm fan would be better than those 4 60mm? ones.

You should check out the cyberdeals section and have a look at the Sanyo/Denki 120mm fans. I have a bunch of them and they are truly amazing fans. You can have them as quiet as Vantec Stealths or push as much air as a 120mm tornado would (if it existed).

Ad Rock said:
I like it but you should think about moving those fans away from the radiator a little bit so you can get rid of any deadspots. Also a nice 120mm fan would be better than those 4 60mm? ones.

You should check out the cyberdeals section and have a look at the Sanyo/Denki 120mm fans. I have a bunch of them and they are truly amazing fans. You can have them as quiet as Vantec Stealths or push as much air as a 120mm tornado would (if it existed).

As much as I love my Sanyo Denki's, they only push 106cfm, whereas the 92mm Vantec Tornado pushes 119cfm. HOWEVER, they do it at 39dba compared to the screaming 54dba of the Tornado. I run my fans at half speed anyway so they're even quieter.

Yeah like I said it's a budget system. It'll get upgraded slowly but surely. Believe it or not 10 80mm fans was cheaper than 1 shroud and a 120mm fan so I went that route. I'm having a little trouble with temps. My system seems to perform a little bit better than air cooling but not by much. I'm thinking my problem lies with the crap maxijet pump and my lack of shroudage.

Heh. I figured out the problem. The weight of the pump plus the side panel pressing against the tubing was causing both outlets on the wb to kink. installed my bracket for the pump and put tons of clamps on the tubing. Now my cpu temp is 1 degree above case temp. :burn:

Alacritan said:
Are you using coffee as your coolant? Hardcore.

Maybe I'll put Bawls in mine.

No actually it's a 12.5% mixture of dexcool and distilled water. I think it looks more like tang than anything.

Back