• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

S3's Savage4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

i know this is ancient...but i got it for me second cely and i was wondering if anyone has been able to get something more out of this card.

well i just got the engine clock from 110 to 140 and ram speed from 125 to 160...but am pushing.i have an intel fan on the card's cpu and if i get overheating i have another fan for the memory modules

i would like to know as well, u are not the only one around, i've just purchase this card few weeks ago for my PIII 550 because this crappy thing doesn't have a AGP slot, infact the whole have only one PCI slot and ISA slot WHICH are sharing with eachother!

Genis B said:
i would like to know as well, u are not the only one around, i've just purchase this card few weeks ago for my PIII 550 because this crappy thing doesn't have a AGP slot, infact the whole have only one PCI slot and ISA slot WHICH are sharing with eachother!

wtf kind of computer is that??

-Joe-

:( felt sorry for me men, trying to sell it half yrs after, no even worth a cents. leace it on the auction site for quite awhile, but no one wants it. now i gave it to my little cousin who just want internet use. i am such a generous person,:rolleyes:

You don't like the video card?

Genis B said:

I got the card at staples 2 years ago I think.....at the time it was $100 now it's like what $29 $20???? I could not stand the lock up's sometime it would lock up before I could move the mouse....Not good so the card is just siting here...And the Ati is running.

Genis B said:
:( felt sorry for me men, trying to sell it half yrs after, no even worth a cents. leace it on the auction site for quite awhile, but no one wants it. now i gave it to my little cousin who just want internet use. i am such a generous person,:rolleyes:

I had one of these... I thought a 32 mb AGP card was a 32 MB AGP card and that there wasn't any difference....

This card runs HOT. Hot like a mofo, only the Voodoo3's top it heat wise. Seems like you've got that down though. The drivers are crappy too - I'd suggest using the Savage4 optimized reference drivers rather than the S3/Diamond drivers....

Personally I'd rather have a cruddy Geforce2MX 200 card than this card, but you make do with what you can. Fact of the matter is it's never going to compare to even a 16 MB GF2MX. You might be lucky to get 3000 with it on 3DMark2000.

SickBoy

lol guess what my score was in 3d Mark 2001 with my Savage4.....lol 630 Marks..that sad...I have not tryed my Ati yet but I'm sure it does alot better....

SickBoy said:
I had one of these... I thought a 32 mb AGP card was a 32 MB AGP card and that there wasn't any difference....

This card runs HOT. Hot like a mofo, only the Voodoo3's top it heat wise. Seems like you've got that down though. The drivers are crappy too - I'd suggest using the Savage4 optimized reference drivers rather than the S3/Diamond drivers....

Personally I'd rather have a cruddy Geforce2MX 200 card than this card, but you make do with what you can. Fact of the matter is it's never going to compare to even a 16 MB GF2MX. You might be lucky to get 3000 with it on 3DMark2000.

SickBoy

Back