• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pci slot cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m1tk0

Registered
hey guys, ive been wanting to know if pci slot cooling is actualy affective?
is it worth it?
if so which count?

It will do what it's supposed to as long as it's not fighting your video card's fan (pulling in opposite directions). Don't expect a big improvement in temps, though.

I dont think it helps. The review Electron Chaser linked to does NOT provide any temp drop so it should be taken with a grain of salt. All that will do is move air up and down, in a narrow space (assuming you have other pci cards). Meaning it does not actually remove the heat from the case. It moves it around in a narrow space, which does not help much.

It moves a lot of air and keeps it circulating in your case. As we all know the dead spot that can be created in the Card slot area of the motherboard. The link I posted was more or less a picture of what it looked like. If you have a VGA Silencer or a Zalman this will aid in cooling A standard PCI Duct fan just draws air out of the case and as such does not do a very good job of cooling just aids more air to flow by and passively cool the Zalman, and Actually fights the VGA Silencer series coolers since it is also trying to draw air in as well.

None of them are really great but this is the best one I have found. And the only one I actually use.

Back