• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA Silencer Rev.3 and Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uLJSANE

Registered
Hey OCfourms,

I just installed my VGa Sielncer rev 3 on my Msi card pictured here:

http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/...r9800promsi00000r9800pro0105&file=grease1.jpg

I also installed ramsinks but i can only put them on one side(the one without the heatsink) I dont want to lose performance because my original heatsink had crappy built in heatsinks. But now with only half the memory cooled with sinks i think i am goign to lose OC capability. So... is there any way to cool the heatsink side memory ... any ideas.? :-/

uLJSANE said:
Hey OCfourms,

I just installed my VGa Sielncer rev 3 on my Msi card pictured here:

http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/...r9800promsi00000r9800pro0105&file=grease1.jpg

I also installed ramsinks but i can only put them on one side(the one without the heatsink) I dont want to lose performance because my original heatsink had crappy built in heatsinks. But now with only half the memory cooled with sinks i think i am goign to lose OC capability. So... is there any way to cool the heatsink side memory ... any ideas.? :-/

If you have a sidepanel fan you should be ok. But you can always buy more sinks :(

Sorry for not decribing enough. eek! :bang head

Well i cant because the ramsicks are too big to fit between the pcb and the sielncer. i was thinking like cutting down a ramsink and throwing that in... a thought but i would like others or ssuggestions. Thanks Guys ;)

If you have really big ramsinks then yeah, you'll have to mod them...... if you had some regular ocz copper ramsinks they should fit...... I know the MSI pcbs are non-standard, but they should still fit....

anyone...? well i got 4 ramsinks left.... since i only did 1 side with sinks... but 2 of them dont have the protective label to protect the bottom "thermal pads" and the other 2 do....

So basically i dont know if i should really use the 2 with dirty pads.... do you think Ocing will be dramatically worse with only 4 on just one side?

Or should i just put the 2 out the 4 good sinks that i have left.... I really just dont know how much a perfomance loss i will have without the 4 and performance increase from 4 to 6 ... menaing i will not have all 8 cooled either way .... i dont want anything to explode.... this is just rambling... eek :temper:

Thanks For Reading to Here.

When you say 'dirty,' are the pads really dirty or what? If they don't look bad, just put them on.

Back