• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 Delta-L (Red Board)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chibahawk

Registered
Anyway I have some questions - this board is Dual Channel RAM capable correct? I bought it refurbed and Newegg.com had some weird descriptions of the board...also i have some newbish questions regarding installing it -

First things were the standoffs - theyre the little copperish screws that hold the MB off the actual case correct? Well I installed all of them onto my Rosewill case but then I wasnt sure what kind of screws to screw into that but i ended up using some plain ol silver ones but my case came with about 8 tiny lil what appear to be felt washers which i used along with the screws to screw into the standoffs..was that good/bad? figured it would definitely prevent shorting..

Yes, the board is a dual channel one. All nforce/nforce2 mobos are. Use two identical sticks of ram in slot 1&3 or 2&3.
Your correct about the standoffs. They are there to avoid short circuit. You should not need to use more than 6 of them. One for each mobo screw-hole.
Use the screws that fit in the standoffs and you should be ok. Good luck! :)

thanks maynn..yea for a while i thought i made the wrong choice gettin my MB for only $30 as it was Refurbed but i just had the power switch wires in upside/backwards or a combination of

also regarding DC RAM it is possible to buy two sticks and have them run together correct? or do you have to buy it in a pack together for the high prices? (whats teh difference)

Just get to sticks of the same ram. No need to buy a dual kit. I got my 2 hyperx sticks in seperate packs. Never tested dualkits. I'm not sure if they will perform any better, but I doubt it.

hmm definitely cool..you just saved me a cool what? like $90 (hard-earned)

ill look into it a little bit more just to make sure

Back