• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone got any info on athlon 64 mobiles?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AL Romero said:
has anyone seen or heard if the athlon 64 mobile oc well in desktop form?

i have a 3200+ mobile CH, CG(1.4v), does [email protected], and a 3200+ DRT CH CG(1.5v) it does 2480 at 1.7vcore, w/ more time and a slk-948u i think both these will go more. these results were in my DFI NF3-250BG UT...

Transam, is as well on a DFI NF3-250Bg ut, seen here

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1537

as well guantam on this forum has an early 3200+ dtr CH CG that does 2450 @1.7vcore...

but you must be careful, not all mobos support them.....

Last edited:
oh cool jess. i was beginning to think i wasnt ment to own a 64 cpu after screwing up my order twice. i took your advise form yesterday and ordered the dfi instead of the msi mobo so i hope i dont have any problems. so jess what bios version did your dfi come with and what are you using now? any advise will help me alot. here is the link of the mobile i got if it matters.

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=CPU-AMD64M-002

oh ya i almost ordered that slk-948u but went for the xp-90 instead. not sure why, there are both awesome performers from the review that i read. just like the way it looks i guess :)

AL Romero said:
oh cool jess. i was beginning to think i wasnt ment to own a 64 cpu after screwing up my order twice. i took your advise form yesterday and ordered the dfi instead of the msi mobo so i hope i dont have any problems. so jess what bios version did your dfi come with and what are you using now? any advise will help me alot. here is the link of the mobile i got if it matters.

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=CPU-AMD64M-002

oh ya i almost ordered that slk-948u but went for the xp-90 instead. not sure why, there are both awesome performers from the review that i read. just like the way it looks i guess :)

not really sure what the Version was that it can w/.it was Pre 9/12 beta though. but your mobile should have no problem getting to windows to flash, i would suggest using only the 9/14(3.1vdimm), or 9/14(4.0vdimm) w/ mobile/dtr's. if not you will have to power on/of three times befor you get a post:), its all solved though w/ the 9/14 :thup:

GL

-Jess-

sorry to sound lame but im not a hardcore ocer, i just uped the fsb till it stoped posting and past a prime. what is 3.1vdimm and 4.0vdimm? and im not so sure about bios updating. i did it once and it scared the **** outta me. id hate to kill my new **** ya know? so if i do have to update the bios version 9/14 is what i want to update too? i just saw that link under your sig so now i know where to find both of them. what is the difference tho?

AL Romero said:
sorry to sound lame but im not a hardcore ocer, i just uped the fsb till it stoped posting and past a prime. what is 3.1vdimm and 4.0vdimm? and im not so sure about bios updating. i did it once and it scared the **** outta me. id hate to kill my new **** ya know? so if i do have to update the bios version 9/14 is what i want to update too? i just saw that link under your sig so now i know where to find both of them. what is the difference tho?

Vdimm is the memory voltage. yes if your gonna us a mobile/dtr, you need to flash to 9/14 beta, if not you will have to power on/off three times to post...

in most cases you will not need to use above 3.0-3.1vdimm, unless you are using bh-5/6 based memories...

when you get your board, just PM me, and ill walk you though a winflash flash..

GL
-Jess-

Also, you're probably gonna have to cancel that XP90 and get an SLK948U. The XP90 uses clips, so it won't be able to make proper contact with a mobile processor, since they don't have heatspreaders. The 948 doesn't have this problem if you add a washer.

oh the mobiles dont have that heat spreader? i didnt know this. i saw the picture but i have learned not to trust what i see as a description picture. :eek:) thanks for the advise.

Last edited:
Gautam said:
Also, you're probably gonna have to cancel that XP90 and get an SLK948U. The XP90 uses clips, so it won't be able to make proper contact with a mobile processor, since they don't have heatspreaders. The 948 doesn't have this problem if you add a washer.

really guatam?, i didnt realize that the xp90 had clips :confused: , wow...(ill have to remember that)....

Back