• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

safe mode problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys. I just installed SP2 and it was not really what i wanted it to be. After i rebooted, it would not load into windows after around 3-4 reboots. Then i tried pressing F8 to get into safe mode but when i press F8, it just continues to load Windows without giving me those options for Safe mode or whatever. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
force a reboot in mid-load of windows and the screen should come up on next boot...
That's a good way to end up with a corrupt file system and/or Registry.
I tried pressing F8 to get into safe mode but when i press F8, it just continues to load Windows without giving me those options for Safe mode or whatever
If you have a keyboard that uses the F Lock key, make sure it's used to enable the F Lock function...otherwise pressing any of the "F" keys during POST won't have any effect. You may also need to tap the F8 key repeatedly in order for the OS to recognize the keystroke.

Back