• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Way to pause for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some games just get a little glitchy but frames per second remain high.
Its just weird.
I'll give it a shot.TX guys:)

EDIT: Great! It worked.

Last edited:
Wanted to add my 2 cents here. For a gaming rig where you will be frequently stopping and restarting the service I recommend setting up bat files that execute net stop and net start commands to stop and start your services. Really simple to setup, just net stop <service name> to stop and net start <service name> to start. Plop em on your quick start bar or desktop etc and 1 click to stop and start F@H :D

Wedo said:
I have two .bat files on my desktop for when I game. One shuts down both FAH services, the other starts them back up again. Thus, when I need full use of my rig to frag some people, I just click the "Stop FAH" .bat file and when I'm done with my killing (or being killed) spree I hit the "Start FAH" .bat file.

Copy/paste the following into two bat files:

****Stop FAH, copy between the asterik lines******

sc stop FAH1
pause 1500
sc stop FAH2

*****Start FAH, copy between *********

sc start FAH1
sc start FAH2

Just in case, a batch file is simply some command line in a notepad doc that you save as "some-name-here.bat" instead of "some-name-here.txt". So just open notepad, copy/paste the first .bat, and save it as "Stop-FAH.bat". Then repeat for the second one naming it "Start-FAH.bat".

This one from Wedo is clean and fast. I use it to stop/start the 4 clients on my Xeon duallie.

Back