• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with MAYA please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

Ok, before I ask this, I am a TOTAL n00b with MAYA. I have been using it for about 2 days so go easy on me. My problem is, I have a polygon model of a car, and I want to select only certain faces of it to color. I click on a face that I want to be black for example, and when I go to shade it, my whole model turns black. I cant figure out how to select just one face at a time. I know that when an object is outlined in green, it is selected, but I cant figure out how to select only certain faces. When I click on a face it highlights, but when I right click "select" it, the whole car highlights in green, not just that face. Any help is appreciated.

AC

EDIT: BTW, I can select faces individually to extrude them or manipulate them with no problems. Shading is the only thing that is giving me trouble.

I know in 3dmax you have to give each face a different material id... I wonder if it's a similiar thing.... Sadly, I'm a noob with this stuff to, but at least it's an idea.

Back