• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade SKL900U to SP-97?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

System Specs:
480W Trueblue PSU
NF7-S v2 mobo
2500+ mobile @ 2.4ghz (200*12 @ 1.85v)
SLK900U w/ AC5
some hard drives :)
stock northbridge cooler (ordered NB-1C)

Im getting 45*C idle in 78*C room and 53* LOAD, but if i push it up to 2500mhz @1.95v, it goes to 60*C

Would i notice any improvement going from a SLK900U to a SP97 both with AC5?

-Thanks

Probably 1c at idle, and 2-3c full load. The 900u is a great performer as it is.
An alternative method to get results is to set up a ducting system. I got a 10c drop in CPU temps, and other report great results as well.

What fan do you have on your SLK and do you have a duct? A duct pulling in outside air will lower your temps by a few degrees easily.

Alacritan said:
What fan do you have on your SLK and do you have a duct? A duct pulling in outside air will lower your temps by a few degrees easily.
92mm antec fan.
what material should i use for the duct? i tried plastic but it broke under the stress, paper makes too much noise.
i got the 92mm cutout done but need the material

It's been posted here before that some of the plastic dishwear at wal-mart or any other store works great for a side duct. You just have to pick what size works for you. I personally went to Lowes and scrumaged around until I found what Im using right now.

side.JPG

Back