• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V-Mod results (X800Pro)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelkahl

I just tried the Volt Mod on the core of my X800pro, since I couldn't get the hardmod to work to enable the extra 4 pipelines I thought I'd try the voltmod to up the core speed to make up for the lack of pixel pipelines. I'm no sitting at 580/585 (core/mem). ATi Tool reported 594 as the max core but 3dmark03 crashes at these speeds. I clocked it down to 580 and viola' it's stable. I'm not sure what the exact core voltage is since I only have an analog multimeter on hand, tomorrow I'll have to see about picking up a little cheap digital multimeter to make sure. If it can handle more volts I'll do it. I've heard of people running them up to 1.7v is this safe for the X800?

Awesome clocks... What temps are you getting with those ridiculously high clocks? How did you do the vmod?

Also, I have heard some bad things about buying cheap multimeter (not being accurate on peak voltages, so they dont pick up every reading)... so be careful.

EDIT: how have those high clocks affected ure 3d03 score?

at load my temps are 58c
I'm reading 1.64v steady everytime I take a reading from meter so I'm not worried. It only raised my 03 scores by 300 points.
edit-my original OC was 540 core 580 mem and after getting the VGA Silencer my OC went to 550 core and 585 mem (BGA ramsinks)

Last edited:
michaelkahl said:
at load my temps are 58c
I'm reading 1.64v steady everytime I take a reading from meter so I'm not worried. It only raised my 03 scores by 300 points.
edit-my original OC was 540 core 580 mem and after getting the VGA Silencer my OC went to 550 core and 585 mem (BGA ramsinks)

:eek: 540 without the silencer? wow... how much did your temps drop after silencer? :burn:

my idle temps were high 40's and i'm not sure what load was...now my idle temp is 40c and my load temp got up to 63c when I was playing the Doom3 Demo today

michaelkahl said:
my idle temps were high 40's and i'm not sure what load was...now my idle temp is 40c and my load temp got up to 63c when I was playing the Doom3 Demo today

having a high in the 60's won't kill a card. Great OC. :clap:

yeah considering w1zzard figured out ati doesn't tell the fan on the card to go full blast until you are at 90C, i'd say you are very safe. Sweet OC!!!

Back