• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changes to client.cfg, does the console client need to be restarted?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robertway

Registered
Hey folks, I have to update my client.cfg file across my small borg (which is growing by the way) since I have to access the Stanford assignment servers through a firewall and need to authenticate. I have to update my firewall password once a month therefore the need to update all the client.cfg files in my borg once a month. Will the console client pick up the changes automatically or do I need to restart every client as I change the config file. I could test this in a week or when it comes time to change my password but I'd figure I'd ask anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

I believe you have to restart the clients for the config changes to take effect, if you edited it in Notepad or in the registry. If you change config settings in the Console client using the -config flag, the client doesn't need to be restarted.

yes you have to restart it, im sure because my friend requested that folding only use 75% of his cpu and he kept saying setting it in the client.cfg didn't work... until i told him to restart :D

Thanks folks, just adds one more step to my process. Oh well, once a month isn't bad, unless the borg starts getting too big, but that is good too. Just added 8 more CPUs to it this morning.......

Back