• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM III Demo Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought it was pretty decent too. Good astmosphere, but it didn't really scare me. One of the scariest things for me in a videogame is seeing a monster face-to-face and going "Oh ****!" when you forgot to reload your gun a second earlier. In the demo, it was so dark that you couldn't even see the monster at times. I know some guys are going to say "That's the point papier!" but the truth is if I see the amazing details these monsters have, I would be scared witless. Up the gamma/lightning a bit and the demo would have a perfect 10/10.

DMac said:
It's not so dark you can't see the monsters. Check out some of the screenshots people have posted in this thread. There are several pages - http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=317495&page=5&pp=30

It's just not that, DMac. There is one portion in the demo where they completely shut the lights off and you had to go toe-to-toe with a pistol zombie and a norm zombie. It turned out to be a frustrating experience because I had to search for those two with my flashlight, switch to the pistol and fire a few rounds, then switch back to see where they are at. They intentionally made this game to be dark in any way possible because I guess people fear what they can't see...

Also, the brightness on my monitor was set too low and I decided to up it quite a bit. Amazing graphics! Now I wish I had the money to buy this game. :(

Papier said:
I'm kinda over the monster-hiding-underneath-my-bed stage in my life and more into "WHAT THE HELL? IS THAT MONSTER REAL?!" stage of my life. :)
Oh, you're never too old for Doom 3. It has scared the @#$% out of people aging from age 10-100. You're never TOO old for fear to get ahold of you.

I just finished playing the demo. Searched every square inch of every room and cleared out every zombie. It was ok I guess, the pace was a little slow. I wasn't really scared. There were a few parts that were pretty awesome, like when you look down that tunnel the guy was fixing something in and the monster jumps out at you. Overall I would have to say it was, OK.

hate doom3
i feel so sick playing it
the height of the rooms is short and its so dark..

Back