• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo 4 4500 vs. nvidia tnt2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I'm at a friends house and he is running a voodoo4 4500 and I found some kind of a tnt in the garbage :D (along with a 30gb hd) and I was wondering which one if faster, I'm not sure which tnt it is since I haven't been able to run because it is a 2x video card and all mobo I have only support 4x and 8x. I wasn't into computers when these cards were around so i have no idea how they compare but I've heard good things about the voodoo series.

I'm probably way off on this, but the Voodoo 4 and 5 series came out around the time nVidia released the GeForce 2s. Voodoo 4s are the same as Voodoo 5s, except only 1 GPU instead of 2. Anyways, GeForce 2s were faster than Voodoo 5s. Even so, I doubt that a Voodoo 4 or 5 could be beat by a card 2 generations older.

The thing with the geforce4 mx integrated is that so much is dependent on the rest of your system, mostly fsb and ram. Running a gig of ram at 2-2-2-5 and 200Mhz with the frame buffer set to 128MB, the geforce4 mx will smoke the voodoo.

Back