• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 PRO Ram flavours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chowdy

Hello all! Some guy at my dad's work upgraded to an X800PRO and gave us his 9800PRO. So i have here, perhaps the best bang per buck card ever, second only to the Ti4200, and i have no idea if it's any good. What types of ram do these come with? I'm not sure, but this has samsung , many 2.0ns?

Samsung 319
K4D263238E-GC2A

Is what's on the chips. I already checked, it's a R350 core. I believe he said he got this near launch. It's also BBA.

THanks for any info!

nothing wrong with the card you have..... I believe the cards with samsung and hynix ram are the most popular..... both seem to work well and give you a fair amount of overclocking headroom.

Good stuff, thats like the one I have. GC20 works really well. Personally I'd sell it. Since he got one of the originals it should OC really damn good. Have you had a chance to test it?

Quailane said:
I don't get it?

More likely 2.8ns.

Nifty. I would sell it but i'm gonna keep it as a backup. I slapped it in and it gives a picture, i didn't get into windows because i didn't want to confuse windows any more than it already is going from nvidia to ati and back again. The card is in very good condition, that guy keeps things very well.

2.8 ns sounds sucky, no?

Chowdy said:
Samsung 319
K4D263238E-GC2A

This is the Samsung 2.86ns RAM that is found on the R350 core 9800's (all Pros, some NP's had this RAM too). This stuff really isnt that bad. I had a 9800NP that had this, and overclocked decently (mine maxed @ 365 with no RAMSinks)

Just to add a bit, the only other RAM found on 9800 Pros is the 2.5ns Hynix which is found on the R360 core 9800 Pros.

I don't think that that 2.5ns hynix ram overclocks much farther than the 2.8ns ram from personal experience.

Back