• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to streatch a game across 2 monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

Any way to stretch a game across 2 monitors?

Hey guys. i have a SiS xabre 400. not the best of cards, but im onlyinterested in running quake 3. i have dual monitors. Usually one i setup with trillian or whatever and my main is quake. However, this card is not picky about which is the main. If i set my secondary to main, it runs quake just fine, same with videos. Actually my main is the secondary monitor...so anyways...id like to run quake streatched acros both monitors, for 1 big one, but i dont know what to do. is there some generic program i can get? i dont know if ultramon will handle this....

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
I have a 5700 with duals black dell 17inchers, I have the same Q, my other screen sleeps out when playing games, but for C&C generals it would be sweet to pull a wide.

I've tried it before, never could get it to work. I don't think there is a way. I remember a question like this comming up and someone said something about a Matrox card could do it or you had to have two cards.

With 2 monitors, your aimer would probably be right in the middle. That would be quite hard for me. I know the matrox parhelia supported 3 monitors, which was sweet back in teh day.

Yuriman said:
With 2 monitors, your aimer would probably be right in the middle. That would be quite hard for me. I know the matrox parhelia supported 3 monitors, which was sweet back in teh day.

If only Nvidia or ATi bought matrox out, so that we could have awesomely performing triple monitor cards :attn:

You could add a pci 5200 ultra, 256mb mem and 128-bit mem bus. That coupled with a GOOD agp videocard might give the performance needed to run a game on 3 monitors without matrox, and be able to actually play. Anyone remember that issue of maximum pc with the comp on the back inside cover that ms flight simulator computer with about 9 or so monitors and a bunch of comps all linked together?

i found a how to on the matrox card...i realized that just now though, the crosshair would be in the middle...there is a mod in the quake config...

ive seen with ibooks and macs, u add the other monitor, and it like doenst stretch, it extends it....so like for me, id see things on my left, and my HUD would be my main monitor (the right)

it is something in software(it's not just adding a second video card) sry though, I dunno what the trick is

See what would be awesome is 3 monitors, because then you would have the main monitor in the center, and then side views or other wanted info or screens on the outside 2.

BAM!

however... thats probably more expensive than a few monitors and extra video cards. lower res too (i think). i'd still spooge myself if i had that though

lol damn thats sweet...only i heard using PC's on plasma TVs is bad because if things stay in the same place for a matter of minutes they burn into the screen....(the HUD would probably do it) thats still sweet lol.

i think ill just stick with building a projector and playing quake on my ceiling

Back