• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF7-S, New Problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apunkrockmonk

So I got a new NF7-S because the old one would basically do nothing no matter what I tried, it died after a month, after a bios flash.

I got the new one about 5 days ago. Hooked it up, everything was going great, got the SATA working and everything. Last night I shut it down because I want the arctic silver 5 to have time to cure (I've shut it down all 5 nights since I've gotten it.) This morning when I go to turn it on, it does the old turn on then right back off again. I tried resetting the cmos, and pulling out the battery, I'm going to try leaving the battery out all day as a last ditch effort.

This board wasn't even overclocked and it was brand new! What is going on?

Temps before shutdown were 30cpu 25system temp

This could be caused by several things... with me it was the hsf not being on correctly.... that's my advice... reseat the hsf and see if that helps.

apunkrockmonk said:
So I got a new NF7-S because the old one would basically do nothing no matter what I tried, it died after a month, after a bios flash.

I got the new one about 5 days ago. Hooked it up, everything was going great, got the SATA working and everything. Last night I shut it down because I want the arctic silver 5 to have time to cure (I've shut it down all 5 nights since I've gotten it.) This morning when I go to turn it on, it does the old turn on then right back off again. I tried resetting the cmos, and pulling out the battery, I'm going to try leaving the battery out all day as a last ditch effort.

This board wasn't even overclocked and it was brand new! What is going on?

Temps before shutdown were 30cpu 25system temp

pal. i ve experienced this with my sp97; 5-10 sec s of run then shutdown. it was the heatsink screwed too tight. check out the screws, all 4 should be screwed same tight and the aSilver should be just covering the surface. also, the first time i installed the default AMD HSF on the board, i d mounted that wrong (upside down) and all i got was nice shutdowns till i re-read the manual(there was a small tip and i needed that)
no matter how cold the board and the chip is, mounting the hsf was always the matter.

No, this time it really was the power supply. I switched between the two power supplies about 5 times, leaving everything in the case. It'd boot fine with the cheapy psu, and the silenx wouldn't boot for more then a second (literally). Got a new PSU and its all good.

Back