• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC results with crappy 7500 64 mg..LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

I got my 64 MB ddr radeon 7500 to 333 core and 332 mem just for the hell of it, and it raised my 3Dmarks to about 6800!! Not too horribly bad of a performance boost on an old card.
I can't afford to buy anything better right now, as I broke my ankle in June and had to have surgery(a plate and 5 screws) so I was out of work for 2.5 months...
Should I try to go higher? It's got stock active cooling and I'm running it at 1.5V stock voltage.

yo4444 said:
I got my 64 MB ddr radeon 7500 to 333 core and 332 mem just for the hell of it, and it raised my 3Dmarks to about 6800!! Not too horribly bad of a performance boost on an old card.
I can't afford to buy anything better right now, as I broke my ankle in June and had to have surgery(a plate and 5 screws) so I was out of work for 2.5 months...
Should I try to go higher? It's got stock active cooling and I'm running it at 1.5V stock voltage.

The 7500's came with active cooling? Push that thing man, I am sure they don't cost a thing anymore if you break it.

BTW, that's your 3dmark01 score right? :D

Yeah.. thats my 3Dmark score.. It was around 3800 before i OC'd it.. not a bad increase..I might as well push it as far as it will go..
I should up the agp voltage before I try to OC it , otherwise I'll get artifacts, correct?

LOL! My Thinkpad R50 came with an ATI Mobility 7500, which clocks in at a crappy 250/180 default speeds. I let it run ATITool overnight and it's stable at 285/265 which is pretty stinkin' suprising. What's better is, the mobility drivers support "power play" which knocks the clockspeed down during battery operation but keeps it where I want during AC work.

I don't play that many games with this box, but it certainly performs better with the 50% increase in memory bandwidth :)

I'm tooling it again now, and 333 seems to be my max core, but the mem is getting waaaayyy up there..currently 465, and tool is still running!!! this is amusing..
HEHE!!

That's so wierd... My memory speed went up by nearly 50%, from 180 to 265. I find it odd there would be so much headroom left in these memory chips, because you know they're just cheap TSOP stuff :p

Back