• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lotec25

Hello,

I have a 9800 Pro that is water cooled right now with ram sinks on the memory. Every time i look threw here i see everyone saying get a Arctic Cooler or one of the other vga coolers. What one should i use will i see better temps with the Arctic cooler or are they going to be better with the VGA Block i have on now with the ram sinks. Just woundering preety much if there is one that is better then water cooling please let me know.

Lotec25

There is no air cooling that will be as good as water, and if it is you have your water set up wrong. Air simply cannot remove heat as well. I am thinking you would have a card that sounds like my FX5800 to even get close with a massive copper heatsink.

agreed.... air shouldn't compete with water..... I'd only suggest a waterblock GPU to someone with a water system... but if it's a person on air..... the VGA silencer rules for retail air coolers.

OK thanks you answered the question that is all i needed.

Lotec25

Back