• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

out of gpu loop a while: atitool vs manual?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

Well, I've finally been able to start cracking on my gpu again (sig). It's been a good several months and before on stock, I couldn't break 410. Now, I'm at 450 core every day use. This is my method though: use atitool to find relative max core, downclock 'max core' and manually clock up. Well, my atitool (probably obsolete) maxed out at 430mhz but I'm able to manually clock it slightly over 450mhz - 455 artifacted in game 2, 450 proven stable. I'm on the latest cat drivers - oh and I have yet to kick in the volt mod... heh. Will I be risking anything by doing this? Should I trust atitool or my own testing?

[nonsence]I have yet to start on my ram. I had ramsinks superglued on with ceremique in the center but I poped them off (most fell off over time and got re-glued on) and have some alumina epoxy coming soon. With a mobile 2600 at 2355 not stable and gpu at 450/340 I get almost 19k 3d01 just normal - no closing all programs and explorer, just normal running with background programs and everything. I have yet to run 03. My current cooling is a maze4gpu and a tweakmonster bga sinks. Has anyone modded a maze3 to fit a 9800p?[/nonsence]

I would only use ATI Tool as a reference, but not as a secure tool to determine max overclock. I'm a manual type myself as I want to see just how much I can squeeze out of card step by step.

Back