• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700pro, oc and problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
i got the 9700 pro, so i could do dual tv and monitor cloning, i have the tv in the svideo out and the montir in the vga out, doesnt seem to detect the tv, dont know why, also i want to oc the 9700pro but doesnt have the same coolbits reg to do it, what prog u use for ati cards?

are you trying to run 2 monitors and the tv all at once? you can only display 2 of the three at any given time.

if its just the monitor and tv, go into the control panel and look in the displays tab. is the tv greyed out? you may have to click on the red tab thingy above the tv in order to turn it on, then set it as your primary or secondary as you need.

if nothing works for you, i'd uninstall and reinstall the drivers/ati control panel.

unreal said:
i got the 9700 pro, so i could do dual tv and monitor cloning, i have the tv in the svideo out and the montir in the vga out, doesnt seem to detect the tv, dont know why, also i want to oc the 9700pro but doesnt have the same coolbits reg to do it, what prog u use for ati cards?

I use radclocker which just so happens to come with the omega drivers... works like a charm for overclocking.

omega drivers? do u have alink? trying the non-contol center for ati drivers..

thx, i installed the ati drivers again but without control panel, and forced it to search for tv, and it found it, thx alot.. gonna try the radoemgas also... thx

seems evn though i found the tv and it is outputing to it, video in media player plays on my monitor bu t not on the tv.. dont know why

well i got it solved, now all i wonder, (still searching oc for) is how high you think i can go on stock cooling for the 9700 pro

unreal said:
seems evn though i found the tv and it is outputing to it, video in media player plays on my monitor bu t not on the tv.. dont know why

well you solved it, so i'm sure this is redundant, but you just have to set the tv as the primary to get vids to play on it.

as far as how high you can OC on stock cooling, i would start by removing the stock HSF and replacing the crap thermal goop they got in there with some as5 or similar, then giver a shot.

you can use ATItool to OC, or rage3d tweak, both work good. on stock cooling mine goes to 370/340. i put a sk6+ on there from thermalright, and i'm up to 380/350, no ramsinks.

Back