• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron d how far on stock Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

I have a spare msi mobo lying around it used to have my old p4 2.66ghz 533mhz cpu in it, i was just wondering what you guys might approximate how far i could push a 2.53ghz celeron d with pc2100 on stock Vcore as the mobo doesnt let me change it?

The CPU should do at least 3.2 gig I would think. Some of those Prescotts do 3.4 gig on default vcore. The trouble is, your PC2100 RAM will stop you, depending on what mobo you have. If it's an i845, then it won't have memory ratios lower than 1:1, but if it's an i865/i875 mobo, then you will have the 5:4 and 3:2 ratios.

Cant fully remember the chipset i think its a sis648.

" i think its a sis648."

The SIS648 doesn't support Prescott cpus but you may try that (maybe the voltage regulators will blast away :bday:

well, the SIS648 gives you a 4:3 divider (on my brother's Asus P4S533) so your PC2100 will last --> FSB 166 / Ram 124 Mhz

What will probably hold you back is the miss of a PCI/AGP lock and the FSB limit of 166.

Back