• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ BGA Ramsinks - Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlterBridge86

Registered
Hey Guys - I just got some OCZ BGA Ramsinks in so that i can sink the Mosfets on my mobo. Question i have is this...The ramsinks come with a thermal adhesive already on them, just peel off the paper and stick them on...would that be the best adhesive possible or should i use Arctic Silver Epoxy...i have that stuff as well, so what would offer me the best cooling? Any help or advice is appreciated!! Thanks!

That thermal tape is crap. I have never had good luck with them staying where I put them. After the last fiasco with trying to use the thermal tape I gave up and swore to never use it again. Last time a sink fell off landed on my sound card and I thought I blew something up because my computer made a terrible shriek and then turned off. I opened the case up to find the ram sink had fell off and landed of the sound card!!!!!! Use the epoxy!!!!!!

Best adhesive possible- I highly doubt it.
the artic silver would be better--BUT, you really don't need it that much so I would probably go with what ever is on it. As long as it dosent cundoct electricity.

3M makes some that I recommend. It's black in color and does transfer heat better than any thermal tape I'v seen. I'd even put it up against any normal white thermal paste. Holds well. My sinks never came off at all. In fact, I put a sink on my old audigy to keep it cool. Then I wanted to put it a better sink on it. I ended up ripping the processor off trying to get the sink off with that tape and killed the audigy. Question is finding the stuff. I'v only been able to find it in chipset kits at crappusa. Spending 10 bucks for it though sucks.

But, if it holds that good, might be better just to use some ceramique.

great, thanks for the responses...guess i'll be going with the thermal epoxy..just tested the "strength" of this crap out on two CD's...friggin amazing...i have them standing perpendicular to one another and you can't stop it...its nuts...anyway, thanks for the help! See ya!

Last edited:
Back