• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI overdrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

any one no how i can overdrive were the software is ... i think its ATI tools but i cant find it only ATI tray tools ... is that it?

link will be nice
thanks
IMP

The "overdrive" feature is built into the Catalyst drivers from somewhere around version 3.8 and up. Even though you flashed your 9800 with an XT bios, unless your 9800 came with a thermal monitor chip, you will never get the overdrive tab. Overdrive requires an XT bios and a thermal monitor chip or else it doesn't show up.

If you want to just overclock, then ATI Tool can help you, and so can RadLinker, and PowerStrip, and a few dozen other options. Just pick one :)

to my knowledge only two (non-hacked) bios have the overdrive if you're running a 128mb 9800pro. One by Gecube which is pretty easy to find and one by Sapphire (which I've been dying to get my hands on and is pretty impossible to find so far). Like Albuquerque said, your card must be on an xt pcb in order to get the overdrive working.

emm i used the bios u gave me in another thread i got a sappire 9800 pro. sp i need the non shappire bios?

the easiest bios to find that features the overdrive for the 128mb 9800pro is the gecube xt bios....

Back