• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would an overheated NB cause this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mta0312

Registered
I was trying to play Dawn of War online today and my computer seemed to be lagging everything up. I went to a few different web pages and my connection seemed slow. I then looked inside my case and saw that the stock NB fan had stopped. I immediately shut the system down. Does a laggy connection sound like an indication of an overheating north bridge?

From what I've read the Thermalright NB-1C seems to be the best cooler. I guess I'll get one of those. This stock one is noisy when it starts and I should have replaced it sooner.

Specs are as follows
NF7-S 2.0
Mobile 2500+ @2.4 ~1.82volts 220FSB
512MB PC2700 ram @ 440MHZ

Any help would be grately appreciated.

I gave the system a chance to cool off and it seems to be working now.

Also, newegg seems to be out of the Thermalright NB-1C with no eta. Does anyone know where else I can order one?

By the way YES... those are signs of NB overheating. I accidentally unplugged my NB fan and fogot about it. I was unable to play any Video files (lagggggg). Everything had a really slow response time and was not speedy at all.

yea definitely. When my NB had no contact, it lagged alllll the time :(. Two I've used are the TT Extreme spirit and MCX159. Both are nice. Of course the MCX159 is so much nicer. hehe

Back