• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable modem activity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

My cable modems activity light is constantly on now......
this has just started.

for over 2 years it use to blink randomly and only stay a solid color when i played a game or was downloading something

now as soon as i get to my winxp screen the activity light stays on until i turn my comp on.....

what does this mean? am i being hacked or trojaned and my connection used?

my internet speed seems the same.

it use to blink randomly now it just stays constant green and doesn't blink.....

HELP?

Two things, first try to condense your stuff in one post and if you think of information that could help, go back and edit the first post rather than making a whole new one, secondly google is your friend. I searched for that process and here is the information I found.

Process File: wuauclt or wuauclt.exe
Process Name: AutoUpdate for WindowsME

Description:
Wuauclt.exe is a process managing automatic updates for Windows. This process continuously checks for the latest updates by going online. This process should not be removed if you want to get informed about new updates.

Author: Microsoft Corp.
Part Of: Microsoft Windows

System Process: Yes
Virus: No
Spyware: No
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No

Security Risk (0-5): 0
Common Errors: N/A

Additional Information: For more information about wuauclt (wuauclt.exe) and other Windows processes Order WinTasks 5 Professional!

Process Removal: If you have WinTasks installed, you can easily remove this process by selecting it and clicking on "stop". Order WinTasks 5 Professional!

Please provide details on whether or not you have antivirus software with updated pattern files, and the same for spyware cleaners such as spybot/adaware, or whatever you choose to use.

Back