• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Ax800pro faulty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyd3r

Hi, I'm not sure why but am quite alarmed at a few things happening on my computer.

Firstly, I can't run 3dMark03. It runs the first airplane scene and then after it, 3dMark03 just closes.

Second, in Far Cry, sometimes it closes and gives me an error. I checked the log file and also found this: Init Shaders
7 Shader files found.

125 Shader files found.

Construct Shader '<Default>'...ok
Construct Shader 'ZBuffPass'...ok
Construct Shader 'ShadowMap'...ok
Construct Shader 'EdgePass'...ok
Compile System Shader 'StateNoCull'...ok
Compile System Shader 'SunFlares'...ok
2 Sun flares was parsed
Compile System Shader 'LightStyles'...ok
34 Light styles was parsed
Compile Glare Shader ...
Compile System HW Shader 'CGVProgramms'...ok
Compile System HW Shader 'CGPShaders'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplFog'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplVFog'...Fail.
Compile System Shader 'TemplFog_FP'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplFogCaustics'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplVFogCaustics'...Fail.
Compile System Shader 'TemplFogCaustics_FP'...ok
WARNING: Shader 'whiteshadow' has opaque maps defined after pass 0!!!
WARNING: Shader 'whiteshadow' has depthwrite enabled after pass 0!!!
WARNING: CCGPShader_D3D::mfLoad: Could not create pixel shader 'CGRCBlur_PS20'(0x0) (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
WARNING: CCGPShader_D3D::mfLoad: Could not create pixel shader 'CGRCBlur_PS20'(0x0) (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)

Does that look alright?

Also in Aquamark3 I also get an error that looks like this:

TERMINATION: Exception Caught

Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Infor: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Flags: 0x00000000 Addr: 0x0dfe266a
eax: 0x00000001 ebx: 0x0fbf03c4 ecx: 0x00000001 edx: 0x00000091
ebp: 0x0012f954 edi: 0x00000091 esp: 0x0012f940 eip: 0x0dfe266a esi: 0x0012f95c
segc: 0x001b segd: 0x0023 sege: 0x0023 segf: 0x0038 segg: 0x0000 segs: 0x0023

That's what it looks like with a round, red circle with an "X" in it to the left of the text above. There's an "OK" button below the text.

Does anyone know what this means? Is my X800pro faulty? I"m thinking I should reformat and check whether the problems are still there..?

Thanks.

Update

Well, I tried searching different terms again on the internet and came up with this website: http://arc.aquamark3.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=153833#post153833

I downloaded the newest direcpll.dll files they have on that forum the version 52's and AquaMark3 ran fine. I did have the version 49's from a week or two back for the 3dMark03 but they didn't work. Now even with the 52's, 3dMark03 still doesn't work.

The AquaMark3 working really eases my mind.

In near the last level of Far Cry, after driving around with the girl shooting down the Jeeps and the helicopter following us, in the toilet of that facility, I do see like minimized shadows of the soldiers on the tile wall when the soldiers are actually behind the wall. Is this just a game bug?

Also as for the Far Cry log, what do those errors mean? Should I be alarmed with those errors?

One last question: How much of a chance can a GPU be faulty and still run properly most of the time?

Thanks for your time.

did you swap from a different gfx chipset like nvidia? maybe you left traces of the detonators and i hear its always best to format your OS when doing this. As for farcry the whole thing is full of bugs, p****D me off that i cant trun up all the settings to max due to yellow shadowing and other graphical glitches. Back on subject i would'nt think you have a borked card if you can run aquamark np

Spyd3r said:
Hi, I'm not sure why but am quite alarmed at a few things happening on my computer.

Firstly, I can't run 3dMark03. It runs the first airplane scene and then after it, 3dMark03 just closes.

Second, in Far Cry, sometimes it closes and gives me an error. I checked the log file and also found this: Init Shaders
7 Shader files found.

125 Shader files found.

Construct Shader '<Default>'...ok
Construct Shader 'ZBuffPass'...ok
Construct Shader 'ShadowMap'...ok
Construct Shader 'EdgePass'...ok
Compile System Shader 'StateNoCull'...ok
Compile System Shader 'SunFlares'...ok
2 Sun flares was parsed
Compile System Shader 'LightStyles'...ok
34 Light styles was parsed
Compile Glare Shader ...
Compile System HW Shader 'CGVProgramms'...ok
Compile System HW Shader 'CGPShaders'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplFog'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplVFog'...Fail.
Compile System Shader 'TemplFog_FP'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplFogCaustics'...ok
Compile System Shader 'TemplVFogCaustics'...Fail.
Compile System Shader 'TemplFogCaustics_FP'...ok
WARNING: Shader 'whiteshadow' has opaque maps defined after pass 0!!!
WARNING: Shader 'whiteshadow' has depthwrite enabled after pass 0!!!

Does that look alright?

Also in Aquamark3 I also get an error that looks like this:

TERMINATION: Exception Caught

Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Infor: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Flags: 0x00000000 Addr: 0x0dfe266a
eax: 0x00000001 ebx: 0x0fbf03c4 ecx: 0x00000001 edx: 0x00000091
ebp: 0x0012f954 edi: 0x00000091 esp: 0x0012f940 eip: 0x0dfe266a esi: 0x0012f95c
segc: 0x001b segd: 0x0023 sege: 0x0023 segf: 0x0038 segg: 0x0000 segs: 0x0023

That's what it looks like with a round, red circle with an "X" in it to the left of the text above. There's an "OK" button below the text.

Does anyone know what this means? Is my X800pro faulty? I"m thinking I should reformat and check whether the problems are still there..?

Thanks.

I have had nothing but problems with Asus cards, my 9800xt packed up, then when my x800xt finally arrived it also had problems. Same sort of thing as you are getting, the pc would re-boot during the airplane part of 3dmark and show the odd artifact. I RMA'd it and the supplier told me it was the second Asus one he had got back. I will not buy Asus G cards again, my guess is you could have a duff card, however i have heard that pro's are less lickely to give problems on their standard clocks are they are less stressed

Spyd3r said:
I'm using Norton AV04 in the background.

with winXP and sp2?

I had the same issues... I just uninstalled NAV, and everything worked fine and dandy... it just sucks that I cant use it anymore, oh well there are good ones out there that are free and do the same job (grisoft.com).

EDIT: AVG Free Edition... comes with all the virus database updates, good program.

darn just bought norton too for like $20 Cdn at Staples.

What kind of issues were you having with Norton?

3dMark03 Works!

Hi,

I tried uninstalling Norton AV04 but 3dMark03 still didn't work, so I tried going to Run -> msconfig. I disabled all startup programs and it ran perfectly. At stock X800Pro speeds, I got 9960 marks. This is with a A64 3200+ at 2.366Ghz. Going to go back to my normal CPU speeds of 2.4Ghz.

The fan is making noises but I just recieved my ATi4 so that's going on soon.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Back