• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

close yet so far....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

ok, ive been trying to get al 3 of my routers to work together....after much tinkering, getting NO HELP with tech support and such, i FINALLY got all 3 routers to see each other.....(2 linksys, 1 2wire home portal) my ONLY problem now, is that the computers wont see each other....theyre all on MSHOME....all in the same IP range....even the comps on the same routers wont see each other....im sooo close...do ive rebooted multiple times...on network setup wizard i have it "this computer connects to a residential gateway"...ugh WHAT IS IT???

can you ping the other computers by ip address? by hostname? can you access shares by typing in \\ipaddress\c$ etc?

try putting in some routing tables into therouters pointing to one another for different ip address ranges. the other alternative is changing the host files to point to all the machines. but then you would have to do static addresses

May I ask why you have 3 routers? How are the routers connected (from LAN to WAN or LAN to LAN)? Is one acting as the primary, and the others as just switches? Details, maybe a picture/drawing?

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

ive been battling this problem for sooooooo long. It took me weeks to get the 2 linksys together...onea u guys, recommended i put it LAN to LAN , no crossover cable, and put the second without DHCP....that worked, for 2 routers...

Well the 2wire home portal is a router in itself...anywys, 2wire told me contact linksys, linksys told me contact 2wire....i got aggervated, called linksys, the half arab guy told me connect my cat5 to uplink, even though i told him that port 1 was being used.....ugh

then it hit me, DUH, routers are LAN TO LAN, ok so it worked, all of them saw each other....

basically what i did out of frustration, was shut down EVERYTHING....all 7 computers, all 3 routers....then i powerd them up 1 atta time starting with the modem (router 1) then linksys (router 2) then the other linksys (router 3) and then 2 computers and boom everything works! i guess i had to restard all the routers....i restarted all the computers a few times with no luck...

then, i addressed my quake server problem...for SOME reason, no matter what i did, the server i was hosting would not (and will not ) show up on the master quake servers...but, apparently, if i giveout my IP to my friends, and they enter it in the connect box, they can connect right to my server

as for the quake thing you mgiht have to put a forwarding into the 2wire for the ports that quake uses so the server lists can connect to your server to see that its active?

as for the quake thing you mgiht have to put a forwarding into the 2wire for the ports that quake uses so the server lists can connect to your server to see that its active?

ive done this yet it still doesnt work...but if they type in my IP it does which is fine w. me...no one better than us barging in on games...

Anyways i have another problem now. My brothers computer, which has beenon the network has been acting up....up until yesterday when i switched the IP addys, it REFUSES to conenct to any other computers...it shows up in MSHOME, but its shared folders do not. when you try to access this computer, u get an error, and vise versa....um..WHY? theres nothing different at all about it.

Just curious, but why are you using 3 routers? If you needed extra ports for more computers a switch would do fine, without the configuration spaghetti. Did I miss something?

well, ok i bought the first router before i knew my DSL modem was one (it has wireless and HPNA support). SBC failed to tel me this. i called tech support one time asking about some issues and they claimed they had no idea. 1 guy told me flatout they dont tell customers because they lose business to do it urselfers like myself...

Then, my girlfriend had a router a tech support made her buy that she reeeally didnt need...and then some crap about best buy not honoring the sales recipt n some crap...so she just gave it to me

Back