• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know this is not bout O.C.ing but.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok I have a some what big prob everytime I try to run 3DMark2001 my puter freezes up on me. How can I tell if it`s my Video card or my Memory. My video card is an ATI Radeon 32 M.B. SDRAM and my Mem is PC133 512 M.B. house brand I got it off the net at BUYAIB. I ran SiSoft SANDRA on it to test my mem and it seemed fine. Any help would be nice.

A: What kinda CPU do you have and what type of temps is it running. It could be a temp problem.

If its not a temp problem then I am sure it will be moved to Software and OSs. I am sure that if itsn't a temp problem that they could help you there.

By the way where does it hang up on you at?

Welcome to the fourms just relax and have fun here as long as you follow the rules everything will go smooth.

I'm running a Celeron 800 MHz O.C.ed to 936. I'm using Windows 98S.E. With my old Celeron 633 and ATI Expert 2000 it ran fine. It hangs at the 2nd car chase on some times on the 2nd dragon flight. My temps are all under 30C.

sounds like you ned to raise CV [core voltage] to your CPU a little. If that does not work I would say you have maxxed out your chip but i really dont think so since your temps are low i'm guessing your CV is low too.

My CV is 1.70 right now if I want to increase I have to do the pin wrap trick. But Tuesday I get my new Aopn AX34 PRO II MoBo and then I can increase in the Bios.

Um... you bought your memory from buyaib? It's your memory, man...
Check out their resellerrating and read some of their reviews:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2870.html
My advice? Try to call them... three times. E-mail them three times. And when they don't answer or respond, dispute the charges with your credit card company.
If you send the memory back for a replacement, they'll keep sending you the same stick back, if they send one at all. And they'll charge a fee. Don't bother with it. Just dispute your charges and save the hassle and the money.

Back