• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Total Boinc Rank

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunRedRX7

Hello,

I changed the Climate prediction team's name to match the SETI team name "Overclockers.com Seti Team" so that it allows both teams credits to be totaled as one.

So in OVERALL BOINCing, we are currently 16th, although this does not include the credits from the Predictor team(due to team name being different), or any LHC@home credits(if anyone forms a team). So if the person that is the founder of Predictor's team would change their name to "Overclockers.com Seti Team" or maybe if we came to an agreement on ateam name such as "Overclockers.com BOINC Team" or something similar we could keep all our teams under one name.

Here are the current overall stats with SETI, and Climate combined for our team.
http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_stats.php?st=0&to=100

SunRedRX7 said:
Hello,

I changed the Climate prediction team's name to match the SETI team name "Overclockers.com Seti Team" so that it allows both teams credits to be totaled as one.

So in OVERALL BOINCing, we are currently 16th, although this does not include the credits from the Predictor team(due to team name being different), or any LHC@home credits(if anyone forms a team). So if the person that is the founder of Predictor's team would change their name to "Overclockers.com Seti Team" or maybe if we came to an agreement on ateam name such as "Overclockers.com BOINC Team" or something similar we could keep all our teams under one name.

Here are the current overall stats with SETI, and Climate combined for our team.
http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_stats.php?st=0&to=100

You guys run Boinc teams? I've been looking for an ACTIVE team with an ACTIVE Boinc forum, to join up with.

Although I'm not particularly active in Seti, I am in LHC, and also run P@H, CP, and am signed up at Pirates at Home (for when Einstein@Home starts up).

Does OCForums have a team at LHC yet? I'm looking and not finding.

Last edited:
We don't have an LHC team as I know of. There is one for Climate and Predictor, go to team search(in the location where you join teams) and type "overclockers.com" and it should bring up a team someone on the boards here created.

What we need to do though is to agree on a common name for teams if one is created to allow for an overall BOINC team total.

Do you want me to create "Overclockers.com Seti Team" for you at LHC?

I already moved over to your team on CP, Seti and P@H....

btw, on the Boinc projects, I am LP.

Last edited:
Lovely.. I got it done just in time for LHC to go down for maintenance, and was unable to get any wu's from Seti because it's also down for the night.
Gotta love Boinc projects. ;)

Anyway, I have some LHC wu's queued and am also attached to CP, so it can take over if I run out of LHC work.

Joined.

Wow, you've got a lotta credit there, you may want to post a new thread to advertize the LHC@home team as well, it helped to get some more people that were already climate members to join our climate team as well.

Also for team country, you might want to select international, it'll be the option right under "None" you should be able to do it through "management functions" on your account page.

When LHC@home starts exporting their stats in XML the totals will be added to the teams totals.

Thanks again for creating the team.

Ok. I'll change the country asap. (I kind of wondered about that and almost went with International)

Yep, at one point I was #1 overall, then PCZ started running it.
I dropped to #2 and then to #3 while I was helping a DF team rack up points.
It's time to take back the #2 spot, at least.

I sent a PM over to linksep who created the predictor team to see if he would change his team name. It would get our BOINC rank to jump a couple spots as well.

Really though maybe what we should be doing is changing the SETI BOINC team's name to something more universal for the diversity that BOINC allows.

Maybe something more along the lines of "Overclockers.com BOINC Team".

I'm not sure who to contact for going about that, so I thought I'd just bring it up here. Might be something to think about in the future as BOINC's popularity grows.

SunRedRX7 said:
I sent a PM over to linksep who created the predictor team to see if he would change his team name. It would get our BOINC rank to jump a couple spots as well.

Really though maybe what we should be doing is changing the SETI BOINC team's name to something more universal for the diversity that BOINC allows.

Maybe something more along the lines of "Overclockers.com BOINC Team".

I'm not sure who to contact for going about that, so I thought I'd just bring it up here. Might be something to think about in the future as BOINC's popularity grows.

If Daniel Edgar is the Seti teams' founder, he's at AOA Forums.

That's a very good idea SunRedRX7. I agree that we should have a universal team name since Boinc is so much more than juste Seti. Overclockers.com Boinc Team sounds good to me.

Back