• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from 9600 Pro other than 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibo-kun

Ok, I'm willing to spend about $200. What card should I buy to upgrade from my 9600 Pro? I was thinking on the 9800 Pro, but it seems like ATI is releasing an X700 now and I don't know when an AGP 6600 GT will be available. Should I just wait until around Christmas for when the prices drop even lower on the 6800 nu that they'll almost be the same price as the 6600GT?

Also, are there any cards better than the 9600, but cheaper than the 9800 Pro? I'm just curious, I wouldn't buy one.

Well, Kenshiro wins my vote... The only 9700 I can find an the egg is the AIW which is about the same price as a 9800 Pro. There doesn't seem to be much point in rushing. I made the mistake of rushing to get this 9600 Pro when I could have gotten a 9600 XT and a HL2 cupon. >< Thanks.

CandymanCan said:
Just save up $170 more and buy a 6800Gt

heh, I would if my waiting didn't allow me to slap all my cash into a debit account and play FFXI for another year. XD By December, the X800 should be about $350 at the most. That's what I'm looking for. :D

Back