• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am i successful!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopdog26

3dmarkscore.JPG

radeon 9800 SE with 8 pipelines enabled no artifacts with ATI tool running for an hour and no visiual defects in 3dmark2003 at all.....

and if i am successfull should i get a VGA silencer for cooling it at stock softmodded speeds?

thanks for all the advise in advance :)

that looks like you were succesful!

if they didn't unlock, and if your card was 128bit, you would be aournd 3500-4000 i think.

with a good oc on that card, you could see 6000+.

if it runs fine at the current speeds, with no artifacts, and you don't plan on going higher, then you are fine with the stock cooler.

if you want to OC higher, you will want to upgrade your cooling. a arctic cooler is good, i went the cheapo route with a thermalright sk6+ modded and mounted to my 9700pro.

You mean successful in the softmod? I would say so, but it would be good to run a couple of games too. Sometimes soft mods are apparent in certain apps and not in others. Congratulations if those games turn out fine as well. :D

If you're just going to be running it at stock then I see no need for additional cooling. A VGA silencer would be nice if you plan to OC though.

newegg, but hehehehe, im bad......

i RMAed it 2 times :p 1 outa 3 cards successfully softmodded :p :p :p
-Snoop

Snoopdog26 said:
newegg, but hehehehe, im bad......

i RMAed it 2 times :p 1 outa 3 cards successfully softmodded :p :p :p
-Snoop

Dude....... that is just not cool................. totally not cool at all :-/

im not cool, but i got a softmodded 9800 :p :p :p and one of the 9800's straitup took a crap.

i have bought 4 diff ones for diff people ect, i have only RMAed 2 ofem and one needed it.....

i didnt just RMA it till i got one that softmodded lol.

Last edited:
WTF dude tht is rite there with stealing i cnt belive they didnt say anything when u did it the second time.... ERGH i had to rma my mobo but i did it with carefull consideration THINK ABOUT IT ITS YOUUURRR FAULT!!!!!!!

id do it in a heartbeat again they made me miss 2 cal matches on my 9800 that didnt softmod and i wasnt going to RMA it. i uninstalled softmodded driver and ran it for a month then it just died on me...... i couldnt efford another card let alone did i have time to take off work to RMA the thing. im also in alaska so you can imagine the time it takes to RMA a card... 150$ one month lasting card blah.

Snoopdog26 said:
id do it in a heartbeat again they made me miss 2 cal matches on my 9800 that didnt softmod and i wasnt going to RMA it. i uninstalled softmodded driver and ran it for a month then it just died on me...... i couldnt efford another card let alone did i have time to take off work to RMA the thing. im also in alaska so you can imagine the time it takes to RMA a card... 150$ one month lasting card blah.

dude.. when you overclock, you void the warranty. It's your fault, not ATI or Neweggs fault that it died. If you want to get a fast card, erhh.... maybe just buy an actual 9800pro???? I don't care what you miss, how much time it takes for you to RMA a card, or you have to take off work to do that. You killed the card yourself and you should be blaming on yourself. Buy an real 9800pro and you won't have those problems.

I do hope the forum mods are watching this. Hopefully, they won't let you sell anything in this forum.

By the time they had everything...all the RMA's and time off and the other BS...they could of just saved time and money by getting a real 9800 Pro in the first place.

DA's like you is the main reason why cost is going up.

Next time, spend the time and money wisely by getting the right card the first time. And if you cant afford one at the time, then suffer like most others do or go to ebay.

Flashfx2 said:
No wonder newegg prices have been going up lately...
:mad: Ya ur tellin me! :mad:....dude you cant do that kinda stuff. Its just not right. Just go and buy a 9800PRO......yet somehow Im the one who gets banned from the classifieds from a misunderstanding :-/

yes this is not like stealing, it is stealing. If you do it, it shows your lack of character and that is your problem. But please DO NOT post about it on the forums as it just encourages this sort of thing and gives people ideas :temper:

i never upped the mhz on any of the 9800's that crashed, and another one just crashed that i built for a lady, RMAing it.... only thing she does is play everquest......

call it whatevr you want, im still pissed ive spent so much time rmaing these cards and down time becuase of them that i could care less.. if i could efford a pro i would have one..

-Snoop

Last edited:
I took my chances when I bought my 9800se, and I lost because it would not softmod. But, I new the risks before I did it. I did not RMA my card back because, technically, there was nothing wrong with it. Doing what you did is "STEALING" and costs everyone else more in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back