• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP locking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

i tried to change the multiplier on my mobo from the original 10.5 to 10.0 and my graphics card would not initialize.

I assumed this was because my mobo did not lock my agp.
is there any way to do this manualy?

Changing the multi will not effect agp clocks, only the fsb will. Aew you sure your chip is unlocked?

RIPSTER said:
i tried to change the multiplier on my mobo from the original 10.5 to 10.0 and my graphics card would not initialize.

I assumed this was because my mobo did not lock my agp.
is there any way to do this manualy?

first thing make sure you have the most up to date bios and chipset driver's.

since you dropped the multi to 10 from 10.5 did you happen to try raising the fsb too?
that's the only reason i can think of why the card may not work.
and that board uses a via kt266a chipset and i'm not sure but i don't think it has agp/pci lock's.

No it doesn't have locks. I don't think he would lower the multi without raising the fsb.

Tech said:
I doubt it's an AGP problem.

I concur. When a processor is not unlocked and the multiplier is changed, the computer will not POST. I am pretty sure that is the problem. Also, try a different multiplier, like 11, see if that works, if it does, then thats really really strange (and we will fix it somehow) and if it doesn't I was right and your processor was not unlocked. Good luck! Keep us posted on what happens.
:)

Matt

well before i changed the multi i had just fitted a new hsf and connected my L1's with pencil so i thought i would try to change multi and i didnt change fsb i just wanted to check if my multi were unlocked.

is there any other way to check other than changing them

If that is a palomino it can't be unlocked with a pencil you will need to fill the pits and then use some conductive material like the one that comes with the rear window defogger repair kit, if it is a t-bred B it can't be unlocked, if it's a chip made before week 39 of last year it should be already unlocked.

how can i check what type my proc is e.g. tbred ,palamino and also how can i check if it is before/after week 39 i have seen my proc die and i have read the info on it and i cant seem to see anything about a date

post your stepping her I'll tell you, to tell if its a pally or a t-bred just look were the stepping is written, if it's on the core it is a palomino and if it's on the pcb in a black thing glued to it is a t-bred and the t-bred core is more rectangular while the palomino has a square core.

Well in cpu z it says i got a palamino so im guessing thats right well ill post image of cpuz ne way

specs1.gif

Back