• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check your cases!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I just found something... and I think it's amazing :p
I had no clue that the top of my case could come off (the aluminum panel). I knew the both sides could but that's it...

So I was playing around.... and I got my top off! I was wanting to do a PSU mod and add a blow hole but decided not to because my case is too small and crammed to take out the PSU without removeing everything else...

So now I can take my top and make a hole and mount a fan in it... without having to take everything out of my case. And I can take out my PSU and adjust the pots and replace the fan!

Sorry i'm excited :)

aww, mine's rivetted in...plus it has my rad and fans mounted to it, so it wouldnt really want to come off anyway

lol damn... I turned down my CPU fan from 3000rpm's to 2000rpm's and removed everything on my case.. and now my CPU has dropped 5*C :p

Mine is riveted on (even the right side panel is.) My old one I could take off the top. It was a pain because it had 8 screws holding it on, 4 of them were hiding pretty well, and 2 were behind the front panel.

Back