• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP clock rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_dub

I just got my system together and have started overclocking it, specs below...

I've currently got it running at 240x10. Seems stable but haven't done any gruling test yet. I'm confused about the AGP clock rate though. What should it be set to? I can set it to anything from 66-99? I have no clue what it should be at...

OK, that's what I left it at. But wouldn't it be advantageous to set it higher?

What clock rate exactly does that set. I don't quite get it. Isn't that the bus speed between the vid card and cpu?

I think it sets the AGP Bus speed does it not? Just leave it for now. I played withg it once and I lost all my memory bandwidth

NO it wouldn;t be to any advantage at all, you would just end up screwing your hardware up. deafault agp speed is 66mhz and pci is 33mhz. Yes i beliueve its the bus speed, but when you overclock it so to speak, you also overclock your pci bus, and in turn, you can end up with scrap hardware.

Hmm... Interesting, thanks guys I'll be leaving it at 66 then. I just find it strange that the feature is there but can' be taken advantage of...

Back