• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reverce the X800XT mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frumpco_

Undo the X800XT mod?

Is there a way to go back to the orignal 12 pipes on the X800 Pro after doing the pro-XT-PE mod?

I have done this mod on another BBA it works but DOOM3 and 3dmark01 crashes now and then and this was working perfect b4 hand so I would like to go back to the X800pro VIVO

3dmark03 is stable ran that 8 times in a row

Things that were already done

1. flashed with the orginal bios this put it to a X800 Pro but wuth 16 pipes
2. went thru the pro-XT mod then flashed again with the orginal Bios still 16 pipes

Last edited:
I think the only way to go back to 12 pipes is if you used the modded x800xt bios. I dont have the link handy, but I'm sure it will google as it is pretty popular.

You should be fine though running pro speeds with 16 pipes and stock cooling, as I was also using that combo for a while.
Just flash back to backup.bin and the 16 pipes will run at defaut pro speeds...The stock cooling is more than capable. For the record, atitool can be used to raise fan speeds as well for better cooling.

Update I flashed back to my orignal bios still wit hthe 16 pipes and it is working alot better now... anyone know where I can get a X800XT 500/500 Bios?

OH BTW foudn out the reason it was crashing after the XT mod it turned out to be a drivers issue just reisntalled the Ati drivers and ti is working 100% with the XT mod now

Frumpco_ said:
Is there a way to go back to the orignal 12 pipes on the X800 Pro after doing the pro-XT-PE mod?

I have done this mod on another BBA it works but DOOM3 and 3dmark01 crashes now and then and this was working perfect b4 hand so I would like to go back to the X800pro VIVO

2. went thru the pro-XT mod then flashed again with the orginal Bios still 16 pipes

Frumpco_ said:

Changing from 12 to 16 and back to 12 pipes is as simple as using the right flash tool. You can
either use GVflash or use this vewrsion of Flashrom;

www.techpowerup.com/articles/100/images/flashrom16p.zip

Viper

If you're running unstable at higher clock speeds, I would recommend looking at a pencil voltage mod on resistor R1597 to bring it to 1.5v.

This will most likely fix your problems.

Back