• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I just reliezed I had to install new drivers on my other computer. It has a 9800 pro with SP2. I installed the 4.9's and it dosn't have ANY hardware acceleration what so ever, its stuck on software rendering. How do I have it use hardware acceleration, or to switch to hardware acceleration. HOW!?!??! I have restarted about 3 times and it still has this problem :(!

use smartgart in your ati control panel(both old/new should work)

or

goto your bios make sure you have 4x or 8x selected

Didn't work :(. Its been on 8X the whole time and it is still in software rendering. I unistalled the drivers and reinstalled em and still no luck... ANY MORE HELP PLEASE!

ok first of all it is not software rendering. You probably think so cause after installing the drivers windows defaults to a crappy resolution like 640x480 or 800x600. So do the following:

1. right click on an empty part of the desktop
2. click on properties
4. in the window that pops up, click on the settings tab
5. in the settings tab, there is a slider called Display Resolution just adjust this slider to desired desktop resolution
6. Make sure that in the pull down tab next to it 32bit (highest) is selected for color quality.
7. Just hit apply (and say yes on the little Are you sure you want to keep these settings dialogue) and ok and that's it

hope that helps

Tried it already, the res is on 1152 x 864 with 32Bit color. Software rendering as, whenever I move a window, the video card dosn't do it, the processor does, which = major lag. Whenever I go into 3Dmark03, it displays on every test "Not Supported". So definetly, my computer dosn't know it has a 9800 Pro. I cant host servers = sucks :). Anyways, any more help (HELP ME HOUSERAT) lmao.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Tried it already, the res is on 1152 x 864 with 32Bit color. Software rendering as, whenever I move a window, the video card dosn't do it, the processor does, which = major lag. Whenever I go into 3Dmark03, it displays on every test "Not Supported". So definetly, my computer dosn't know it has a 9800 Pro. I cant host servers = sucks :). Anyways, any more help (HELP ME HOUSERAT) lmao.

I don't know if this will work, I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here.... I would install the omega 4.8s.... see how they do..... I've used them as well as the omega 4.9s and I'm not in love with the new layout on the 4.9s. Go through the full routine, (f8) driver cleaner, yada yada yada.... see if that helps.... there is some funky stuff going on with the cat 4.9s and the sp2 xp.

also what mb are you using on this computer? could easily be a bios issue.

Well, its an MSi KT6V. Its a cheaper board but its not entented for performance (that is why I my Asus) But, I will try the omegas, thanks man.

yeah i suggest chipset/agp drivers. or reformat and take out and put in your card then see if it works?

Back