• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the hell is wrong with my 3dmark 2001se??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kouch

so look at the rig in my sig. I mean after a volt mod and some cooling improvements, I upped the core to 492!!! from 459 and my 3dmark 2001se went from 19826 (my previous high) to just 19607!!!! No matter what I do I can't break 20k. What the hell, with this rig shouldn't I be at 20k+?

(btw tried uninstall and reinstall of 2k1 already no luck)

Last edited:
Wow, that's really odd. I'm getting 20150 at 233*11.5 on my rig and card running 420/338. Have you tried upping your fsb and lowering your multiplier a little. Try running an 11x with a higher fsb and see where that gets you.

well I can't really up the fsb since it is pretty much maxed at 225. It will do up to 230 but once every 10 days or so I will get a memory error and a BSD and so I just run at 225 since I leave my comp on 24/7 and at 225 I have never had a BSD (well not because of memory problems anyways).

that is strange.... I'm over 20,700 and your system is running at a higher cpu core than mine. The only thing that comes to mind is drivers. Which are you using?

yea, ive had trouble reaching 19000....its kinda wierd...i flashed it to an xt and the other day i put the old version cga rev 3 on it and i got my core up to 441 w/ no artifacts(i was happy:)) cause that was an accomplishment cause the stock cooling ran HOT as hell....so the men is still at 365 untill i get some sinks for it....but its wierd my 3dmark03 went up from 6200 to 6660 which i was happy...but im still confused on 3dmark01...im at like 18600...and i was at least hoping to get to 19000.....but my cpu is at 2.1 not much but a little improvement(need to get a new heatsink)...but same...im also using omegas 4.8

Thats odd, when I have my Abit NF7-S, o/c my mobile to 2.65Ghz, I get a little over 20K with my Video at stock. I think you may have a driver issue.

On the other hand, your 3dmark03 is over 7000. that is a super scure..... why get upset about the score on 3D mark 01

Just have a brainstorm.....

Do a L12 wire mod and you can increase your FSB further. I am very sure you will get above 20k.

:shudder: 4.9? I had a bad experience with those. I tried to stick with the 4.7's. I didn't like the 4.9's at all. When I loaded the 4.9's my vidcard lost a 1000 on 3DMark, so I'm sticking with the Omega 4.7's. I'd give those a try personally.

ok tried omega 4.7's and then the omega 4.9's no luck. The best I got was 19879 with omega 4.7 (and 19856 with omega 4.9's) a little better but not statistically significant.

Ok something is seriously wrong. Are you getting RAM errors? How stable is your PC? Also have you set *everything* to performance and made damn sure that AA and AINSO are off?

You should be getting atleast 21.5k, like what I used to get on my old 9800PRO. Granted I was at 237 FSB with 3-2-2-11, but thats not enough difference to drop you back to 19k.

Hell my tbred did 19.

if you want to max your 3d01 score you have to set up the system first.
-win2k
-disable extra services, tweak the hell out of it
-install the modded 3.1 drivers
-tweak video settings to max performance

Also, with 9800p's there is the max clock and then there are the max clocks for high scores. Once you get past a certain point your scores will start to go down even though there are no artifacts. You have to find the max score in relation to the clocks. Get to work! I would guess you could score ~22k

crimedog said:
Once you get past a certain point your scores will start to go down even though there are no artifacts. You have to find the max score in relation to the clocks. Get to work! I would guess you could score ~22k
my thoughts as well

kouch said:
so look at the rig in my sig. I mean after a volt mod and some cooling improvements, I upped the core to 492!!! from 459 and my 3dmark 2001se went from 19826 (my previous high) to just 19607!!!! No matter what I do I can't break 20k. What the hell, with this rig shouldn't I be at 20k+?

(btw tried uninstall and reinstall of 2k1 already no luck)
Windows 2000, directx 8.1, cat 4.8 = 21.5k, I can bet on it.

Don't use 3.1's. They were good in their day, but 4.8 is king now, for every benchmark out there, and for every ATi card.

You could break 20k with that system at 2.3GHz, but its a matter of how badly you want the score, and how far you'll go in tweaking to get it.

4.9 cats are the best for me, I hit almost 21k with a softmodded 9500np but thats a64 and win2k for ya. 20k is gonna be hard without win2k and an a64

Overclocker550 said:
4.9 cats are the best for me, I hit almost 21k with a softmodded 9500np but thats a64 and win2k for ya. 20k is gonna be hard without win2k and an a64
I get 20k at dead stock speeds.

I also got 20k with a T-bred, yes T-bred, not Barton at 2.5GHz, with crappy timings, and a 9800pro. 20k is a piece of cake with a mobile Barton and 9800 pro. In fact, most systems can pull off 21k pretty easily when tweaked properly. My pb in winxp was 19.8k, so not far off there either.

Overclocker550 said:
:eh?: Need I remind you about my 21.5k on windows XP :p

^ Yeah, and he still whines about it. Always crying about the fsb not being high enough, needs more fsb at a higher multiplier, gotta beat the A64's with an AXP........ ;) jk Sen.

Back