• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Hankey

Registered
i have 2 questions here.. i just bought a 9800 pro saphire from newegg with a artic cooling vga silencer and i wanted to soft mode it with my driver.. the raid tool.. and when i dont know what to bump it up to... and also it will restart my computer when i play far cry...

-Hankey

First off you did get the rev 3 model right? secondly, your card have an r360 core right? If yes is the answer to both question then you can go to www.rojakpot.com and look at the 9800pro to xt instruction there, it will also give you the bios to flash it to xt and if all goes well then all you need is just leave it at stock xt speed. Most games don't require much more power than that.

If you take the HS off of the core, it should say ATI something something with either an r350 or and r360 on there somewhere. Either card is softmoddable to XT, but the r360's are basically XT's with a different BIOS, so you can unlock the 9800XT's shaders and temp sensors if you have the r360 core and the XT PCB.

At Rojak Pot, go to Article Database and then at the bottom of the page it'll have a section called Modifications... in that there's an article called "Pro To Radeon 9800XT Mod Guide Rev. 5.0!"

That's the article that you want.

-Meatball

Mr.Hankey said:
well this is the card i have i can let u find out because im not sure wth ur talkn about :rolleyes: My Card

Do you actually have the card in your possession? the card in your link is the old 9800pro pcb.....

Yeah, the one in the link has the little HS's on it.... so it's the Pro PCB according to Rojak.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

ATI.jpg

Actually I have a somewhat exact same card on that pix with the silver/aluminum HS that ran verticle. It have samsung memory and the core is r360, I flashed it to xt and it ran just fine. When looking through the rojakpot article you can tell how to tell what your card is by comparing your card to their pix. Most of the times its accurate.

yeah thats the card i have that card the one in the pic my friend just used his utility under the diplay properties to up his to xt and i was just wondering what to set it to... :/

Back