• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

omega's 4.9s are out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

What's New? (2k/XP 2.5.76)

* Based on the official Catalyst 4.9 drivers.

* Removed ATITool from the package, it had many bugs and disabled a lot of stuff, like DVI support and DDC. If you have it installed, I recommend that you uninstall it before installing this set of drivers.

* Re-Enabled Overclocking Anti-Protection, it was missing from last release, sorry.

* Modified the ATI CP, now the Omega Drivers will use a built-in, special RadLinker version with the following features: (some new, some old)

> Uses NO resources.
> Some new settings for both D3D and OGL.
> Can set Automatic Per-application profiles for OGL & D3D applications.
> Desktop Gamma is working and NOT resetting to default after exiting a game.
> Integrated Overclocking.
> No need for Gamma Hotkeys anymore since you can now set an individual Gamma value for each game in their profile and done.
> This new CP was made in conjunction with ChrisW, maker of Radlinker, as an exclusive feature for the Omega Drivers and we will keep adding features in future releases.

* Modified driver installation/uninstall procedure with several new automatic features.

* Since RadLinker is now a vital part of the Omega Drivers, it will not be an option to select during setup anymore, it will now automatically look for and uninstall ANY previous version and replace it with the new one.

* Now, when uninstalling the Setup tools from the Omega options in the Start Menu, you will also have the option to uninstall the Display drivers in one pass.

Known bugs:
* Laptop video playback problem still here, see notes.
* Hibernation and Standby are not working properly, I'm working on a fix.

Important Notes:

1. Mobility users beware, these drivers don't support overlay video acceleration on some chipsets, specially in Sager notebooks with 9600 and 9700 Mobility cards. Other cards may be affected, but I haven't confirmed the bug on them. The last driver set that doesn't have this problem are my 2.5.44 drivers. Sorry for any inconveniences, I'm working on a fix for this matter, but all my tests show that this is an ATI related bug in the drivers and it doesn't have to do with any of the settings on my drivers.

2. CCC will work with the Omega Drivers, but is NOT recommended that you install it, all the functions found in CCC are already included with RadLinker Omega Edition or will be included in a near future as this new CP project develops.

3. The included Radlinker version in these drivers is NOT the one I was planning to release, the intended version will come soon in the form of an update to this set of drivers or in the next set based on the Cat 4.10.

They're pretty sweet...gave me a nice performance boost

get them at www.omegadrivers.net

i just QUICKLY skinned the quote (gonna read it fully later) and saw uses NO resources, that was an issue i was concerned with, glad they fixed it :)

and i just got the 4.8's. looks like i'll be doing some more benching tonight :D

I look forward to seeing what these will do in my system.... the 4.8s were good..... hope these are better.

Lat said:
did you use DriverCleaner to do a 'clean uninstall' of your old drivers?

Yea on the first time installing these and then I said flip it and just formatted and tried again. Both times I got the same error, something bout JPEG.

iv lost just over 200 points when using the omega 2.9 drivers instead of catalyst 2.9's. Anyone know why? my settings are the same as before

you mean 4.9's right? 200 pts is a fairly minor change. You should choose the driver that you think gives you better stability, performance and IQ in games not benchies.

Great so the only way to fix this would be to get SP2. Well I think I'll use the ATI 4.9 drivers instead cause I've used SP2 and was not happy with it.

i'm also noticing point losses in 3dmark2001 and aquamark3..... 3dmark03 seems to be about the same.... :-/

So am I reading this right or what... it says that ATiTool is not supported with these drivers? I used Radlinker before, but I prefer ATiTool much better.

4.9 omega's havnt really impressed me yet, dropped about 200 points in 3d mark03, so not that pleased, id try both and do test in 3d mark03, 01 and aquamark and see which perform better for u

Back