• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Glitches after abused overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hybrid_Dragon

Registered
I got a ATI utility first exsperiance with graphic card overclocks. Well ive gone to high i'd say about 5-6 times and my pc chokes. and sometimes now like every 30 mins like bars on my monitor glitch. Meaning that it like flickers glitches and looks like bars are being moved. I am wondering if i ****ed it up. When i overclocked i got to 460/385 from 380/330 got 6000 with defualt and 6750 with OC 3Dmark 2003. I just orderd a new heatsink and memory heat sinks for my 9800 pro, IDK if warranty will cover this problem ATI makes my card bought it from bestbuy with a discount to 210$ about 4 mounths ago. If I put a new heatink/fan and memory heat sinks on my card it voids warranty, right? So i am debateing what to do about this issue.
-Any suggestions comments would GREATLY be appreciated.

AMD Athlon XP [email protected] ghz
ASUS MOBO A7N8X-E
1G (512x2) Geil ram
36Gb 10k Raptor
9800 Pro Onbord sound card :(
5 case fan
fan controler Thermaltake case
420w p/s

Did you under clock your card and try it, cuz them clocks are for lucky ppl (if its a pro card) and yes changin the heat sink voids the warranty but if you dont move the shim you can use the old heat sink and they wont know. but id say rma it

Overclocking voids your warranty anyways so you might as well put the sinks on. I say to use drivercleaner and then reinstall your ATi drivers. That's helped me out a lot.

Back