• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lucent Win Modem help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightmare3215

Its a Lucent Win Modem and its a model number 90109-2. Can I use any normal lucent win modem driver or do I need a specific one for this model?

I was trying to fix my friend's computer (very horrible emachine) yesterday and in the boot process he would have 20 or so conflicts pop up on his screen all pointing to a problem with his modem in pci slot 2. Im a newbie to this sort of troubleshooting so I reformatted his harddrive and installed a fresh copy of win xp sp2 but he still got the same errors (btw he had major problems connecting to his dialup isp MSN at the same time these errors started to pop up). So I moved his modem to a different pci slot but still the same errors + msn couldn't connect. Im thinking his modem is shot or something so I've decided to go ahead and give him my modem that i never use anymore (cable internet). The problem is I dont have the drivers for it/know if I need special ones.

You should just be able to pop it in and let windows look up the drivers, unless you are saying that doesn't work, I can't really tell by the way you worded it, but I think windows should detect the lucent modem and install drivers without probs..

Back