• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues with really hot memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I just happened to be doing some things in my case and noticed that my memory was extremely hot to the touch, and after a new install of windows, I have recieved 3 BSODs in 2 hours. What would cause the memory to overheat. It is runny at it's stock voltages and speeds

could be anything proabaly a hot case. alot of guys hate noise but its really important to keep ur rig as cool as possible cause u can get more performance out of alot of the components when they are cooler. have the side panel off and a big fan blasting on my mb..

case fans my man, case fans.... get a lot of them..... they're your friend! My case mb temp seldom goes above 25°. I have one blowing on the ram and another blowing on the videocard..... everything is as cool as possible (unless of course I get extreme).

yes I have two 120mm case fans. It seems to have fixed itself with a total tear down and refill.

Back